Thursday, February 22, 2018

Enough is Enough

We as a culture have been ok with allowing opinions to hold as much power as facts for too long.


I have been avoiding Facebook because my levels of severe depression and hopelessness over the sheer level of denial that exists among people in this country have been shooting up pretty much everytime I am on there. Too many intelligent people I know are selfishly wearing blinders and ignoring all the actual data that is out there. People won't think for themselves or look at data or listen to reason. It's like people worshipping at the feet of the golden calf, but this is a golden gun.


It is proven fact that being male, growing up abused, suffering from addiction, having a previous history of violence, and having access to weapons are the main causes of violence in America. All of these need to be addressed, starting with the issues that can be dealt with most expediently.


I am no longer engaging ANYONE in discussions about reasonable gun control and how to change the tides of what is happening in our country. I will keep sharing things on social media as I feel necessary. If you spew blind ignorance and proof that you refuse to look at any actual data in response to anything I share you will be ignored and your response may be deleted if you start insulting me or anyone who is looking at actual facts.


I REFUSE to show tolerance for people's uninformed opinions anymore. The proof is there. It is there worldwide. If you don't want to bother to do your research (when the research is easily available) then you are choosing to be ignorant and I do not have to pamper you by giving your opinions based on any lack of actual information even a nod of respect.


We as a culture have been ok with allowing opinions to hold as much power as facts for too long. I no longer sit back and pander to uninformed opinions. I am done. I am taking a stand for factual data.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Links

  • https://www.etsy.com/shop/TinaMulhallCreations
  • https://www.facebook.com/Tina-Mulhall
  • https://www.facebook.com/WyldingThingz/
  • https://www.facebook.com/WyldkatsPaganServices
  • www.epicadventuregames.com